In just another two months, we’ll be welcoming a brand new year, and bidding bye-bye to the present one. As always, the start of a new year brings hope and the promise of new beginnings. And nothing says new beginnings and fresh start like fireworks do! This New Year’s Eve, watch the most amazing Dubai fireworks set off by pyrotechnic masters from some of Dubai’s most notable landmarks. There’s no better place to be this New Year’s Even than Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Fireworks At The Burj Khalifa
Enjoy the most expensive and complicated pyrotechnics display as they take off from the top of the Burj Khalifa this New Year’s Eve. In fact, the Burj Khalifa itself will transform into a giant LED screen displaying multicolored graphic design sequences. It’ll be the biggest extravaganza anyone’s ever seen.
Best places from which to watch the fireworks at the Burj Khalifa:
• Burj Khalifa Observatory Decks: Book your tickets for the Burj Khalifa’s observatory decks in advance to watch the Burj Khalifa fireworks. This is the closest you can get to the grandest pyrotechnics display in Dubai this year.
• Downtown Dubai: You can get a fabulous view from anywhere in Downtown Dubai, given the Burj’s fantastic height. If you can get a spot in from of the Dubai Fountain, or cruise around on the Burj Lake or stay close to the Dubai Opera, you can enjoy front-seat views of the Burj Khalifa fireworks extravaganza. You can also get a bird’s eye view from the Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard or the Burj Park as the pyrotechnics go off. Downtown Dubai has several spots designed for families to watch the fireworks this New Year’s Eve Dubai.
• Less Congested Than Downtown Areas: Downtown Dubai will see more than a million people getting into places to watch the fireworks this year end. You’ll find that a lot of people will gather at the Al Qouz industrial area in the open area behind Oasis center along First Al Khail street. There are several spots along Al Khail and Jumeirah Beach Roads that are perfect for watching the fireworks go off at the Burj Khalifa. Scope out the vantage points in Box Park and CityWalk Dubai; you can get fabulous views of the fireworks from these areas, given that they are closer to Downtown and Burj Khalifa. The open area near Latifa Hospital/Al Wasl Sports Club is also an excellent place from which to catch amazing views of the fireworks.
Fireworks At The Dubai Water Canal
The fabulous Dubai Water Canal is opening this year as well, so fireworks will be going off along the Dubai Water Canal, all the way from the Burj Khalifa to Dubai Creek harbor. Note that the canal footbridges and the Sheikh Zayed bridge walk will be closed for public safety during the fireworks. Find spots along the canal’s promenade to get a good view of the fireworks all along the canal. Cruising on the Dubai Creek on a dhow is also a great way to watch the Dubai New Year fireworks. As your dhow moves on the water, you’ll get to enjoy various firework displays at different points.
Fireworks At The Burj Al Arab
The Burj Khalifa’s New Year’s Eve pyrotechnic extravaganza is going to be spectacular this year. The luxury hotel Burj Al Arab’s display aims to be equally, if not more spectacular. Last year, on New Year’s Eve, the Burj Al Arab set off a straight 15-minute long pyrotechnic show, which has been the longest fireworks display thus far in the UAE. We’re looking to see who’ll break the record this year – the Burj Al Arab or the Burj Khalifa.
Best places from which to watch the fireworks at the Burj Al Arab:
• From the Burj Al Arab: The best way to get front seats at the show will be to book dinner reservations at the Burj Al Arab.
• JBR: You can glimpse the grand fireworks from the Jumeirah Beach Road or on the Jumeirah Beach, or from the Umm Suqeim Park.
• Dubai Ferry Cruise: Sign up for a Dubai Ferry cruise and you can beat the traffic in Downtown Dubai and enjoy the fireworks at Burj Al Arab. You can sail away from the Dubai Marina, the Al Ghubaiba and the Dubai water Canal stations. The ferries ply the waters from 9 PM till 1:30 AM.
Fireworks At The Palm Jumeirah and Atlantis
Grand firework displays are planned at Atlantis The Palm. If you can, make reservations for the New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner at the Atlantis or any other hotel on the Palm Jumeirah. Almost all hotels on the Palm plan on putting on their own fireworks display. Enjoy the spectacular fireworks displays and feast on the sumptuous gala dinners till late into the night, enjoying the amazing views of The Palm and the Dubai Skyline lit up for New Year’s Eve. Find a great spot on the newly-launched 11km boardwalk along the Palm Jumeirah crescent to watch the fireworks on at the Atlantis The Palm.
Fireworks At The Beach At JBR
At midnight, a major fireworks display is planned to go off by the water at The Beach. This event will be preceded by cultural performances, fire-eating performances, dances and other carnival-like activities.
Fireworks At Other Spots In Dubai
No matter where you are in Dubai at year’s end, you’ll be able to catch a fireworks extravaganza or two. Fireworks will go up at the Global Village, Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai Golf & Yacht Club, Dubai Festival City, The Dubai CityWalk and The Beach at JBR and Dubai Creek.